Saturday, August 10, 2013

BACK AGAIN - FINALLY!




Alright, alright, alright!  I know - it has been almost a year since I last posted on this blog.  It has been an incredibly busy year - the change to blended learning at school has been very exciting, but also very time and energy consuming.  And, with Mom living with us, my "spare time" has been very limited.  What time I found, I used to make pottery - not write about it.  Hopefully, this year will prove to be a little better.  My position at school has changed to "Dean of College, Career, and Student Life" and will have me working more with counseling students - one of my favorite things to do in education - and will maybe leave me more time to work on my pottery projects, including keeping the blog updated on a regular basis.


All the rain this summer has really put things around the house in bloom.  The hydrangea bush is loaded with blooms and, of course, the crepe myrtle trees are spectacular.  I even caught a few pictures of hummingbirds at the feeder.  Mom turned 88 this July.  She is the youngest of four daughters and all are stilling alive and kicking.  She says her aunt always claimed that the family was made up of "long livers" - apparently so.



I have not had any time to sell at shows this year, so my inventory is growing - slowly, but growing.  I will be at the Littleton-Lake Gaston Festival on August 31 and the Finch Open House in November.  I will share more about those shows in the very near future.  I also think I need to set up an account on Etsy and see if I can do some selling online.  We will see how it all turns out.  Enjoy the pictures - there's more to come!














No comments: