Friday, November 26, 2010

More Than the Turkey is Stuffed!!!

You know, the best thing about Thanksgiving dinner is all the leftovers.  I think I like the leftovers as much or more than the regular meal.  The problem is that it is like nonstop eating until they are all gone - so I am stuffed!

Since Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday (Pottery night), I did not go into the studio this week - yet.  I may go in sometime over the weekend just to drop off my latest work to be bisque-fired.  I saw an article in the latest Clay Times magazine on making jug pitchers and tried it out for myself.  It realy works out pretty easy.  Maybe I need to add a face to some of them to turn them into Face Jug Pitchers.

I also started working on replenishing my supply of face jugs since I sold all I had at the Finch Open House.  Everyone has been remarking lately on how "big" my beard is getting these days so I thought I would do a jug with a big beard, as well.  The cat jug was on a whim - I had made a cat mug last year for one of my boys and it went over well, and I think I did make a cat jug that sold pretty quickly at the Heart of Virginia Festival in Farmville last May, so I felt like it was time for another.  Maybe it's time for a whole line of animal jugs!


I hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving holiday.  The holiday season is really getting under way, now.  I have been listening to Christmas music for the last month and I am ready for it!

No comments: