Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Quick Update

It is late and I had a long day - parent conferences for the next two days at school.  But I wanted to post a quick update on the Finch Pottery Open House.  It couldn't have been a more perfect day!  Great weather.  Great crowd. Good sales.  As usual, I should have had more face jugs.  I only had about eight and they all sold.  In fact, I had three different people lined up to buy the last one!  Every year I vow to bring in a whole three tier shelf of face jugs, but always get sidetracked trying to do something new.  Next year . . . .

This year I shared a space with Danny, who I had taught with in Roanoke Rapids.  It was a good mix of wares.  He does almost exclusively hand-built pottery and mine is almost all thrown, so we had a little bit of everything.  Danny already has us lined up to do a "Sip and See" for the arts council in Roanoke Rapids early next year.

It is hard to believe that next week is Thanksgiving.  I have poured the slab for the kiln and hope to move it within the week.  The nights have cooled down enough that I have had a small oil-filled radiator on in the shop at night to keep the temperature bearable.  Time to focus on some Christmas gifts and special projects - and to determine what my New Year's pot will be this year.


Hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving - I know that I am looking forward to all the turkey and fixin's!

No comments: