Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Orange Shino is Back . . . and so am I!



It has been a long while since I have updated this blog - a very busy time!  Preparing for the new school year, moving my mom down to North Carolina, and construction on the house have all taken extra time.  I have not neglected my pottery time too much - just my blogging time.  Right now, we have been out of school because of all the problems caused by Hurricane Irene, so I took the time to come up with a new post.

We got hit pretty hard here in Halifax County.  No electricity from 6 am Saturday until about 3:30 pm Monday.  We lost our weeping willow tree in the front yard and the top of a large tree in the back is currently sitting on the roof.  But we are all safe and no worse for the wear, so we are thankful.  It could have been much worse.  We are now watching Katia out in the Atlantic and hoping it continues to turn northward.

The studio has brought back my all-time favorite glaze - orange shino.  I have been using it on all sorts of pieces, from bowls to tall urns to face jugs.  I have also continued to work on creating larger pieces and now have several large urns that will be for sale this weekend at the Littleton/Lake Gaston Festival.  I am hoping for a big day in Littleton.  Between it being Labor Day Weekend and people wanting to get out after the storms of this past weekend, there should be a good crowd.  If you are in the area, come to Littleton.

Lots of pictures of pots I have been working on the month of August.  Also, some pictures of the storm debris in our yard.  And, of course, a couple of black dogs who act like an old married couple.




Looks like a real balancing act!!!








No comments: